Wednesday, September 12, 2012

9/11, Lest We Forget

I know I'm mixing up my events, and 'Lest We Forget' is usually associated with ANZAC day,  but being in New York today on the 11th anniversary of that tragic event made me feel a bit ANZAC day ish. We were walking through Central Park on a beautiful sunny day and I started thinking about what would have been happening there 11 years ago at that exact time. It was very strange. That got me thinking about all those men and women who gave their lives or risked their lives to save perfect strangers. We walked past a fire station later that night and got a photo with some of the fire fighters who had been out that day remembering. So just like ANZAC day I wanted to stop and remember their sacrifice. Hence... 'Lest We Forget'.

Today I will let the pictures do the story telling of our day. 

See you tomorrow.


Sylvia's, featured in Master Chef two seasons ago, just down the road from where we are staying.


Off the subway and into Central Park




Lunch at the Boat House in Central Park


View from our table


My lunch, the yummiest thing I have ever tasted - Scallops


Dessert.


After dessert


Crazy???


A boat row on the lake





A Central Park Squirrel



 Ladder 4 
Engine 54
Battalion 9


The Naked Cowboy - Only in New York










No comments: